Friday, April 26, 2013

STUDENTS from PUNAKHA HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL #2: Dawa Tshering




I am Dawa Tshering and I am 16 Years old. At present I am in 11th grade and my class teacher is Miss Sarah. According to my perspective, I am a humble and hardworking boy. I graduated my 10th grade from a school in southern-Bhutan with exceptional marks.

I would like to share with you my interest. I am interested in listening to music, playing musical instrument, playing games like basketball and table tennis and also making friends with girls. I am a naughty boy but I stay in good manner according to the discipline of our school.

I have experienced many things which I have wished for and I am glad that I have both parents and elders who love me very much.i have many friends from outside the country on FACEBOOK and hope you would also be a good friend to me.

The place where my family lives is Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan. My home town is at Dagapela but my origin is from Punakha and Tashigang. In Punakha the weather is hot and sunny. I am having a little bit of trouble in getting adapted because of the weather condition and school's strict rules and regulations.

Our school is faced upward and the Punakha dzong which is one of the most popular dzong in Bhutan is faced towards our school. We have a park below our school where we go every free period to study and sight see. I think we could be a good friends, if you could share about yourself. What do you like and what don't you like?  .

Your friend in Bhutan,
Dawa Tshering           

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Dawa--

    My name is Vickie, and I am not your age--I am a friend of your teacher, Sarah, and I am the Director of Education at a small private school for boys in Massachusetts, USA. I will check to see if any of our students would like to correspond with you, and perhaps you will make a new friend in America.

    Tell Sarah I say hello. You are very lucky to have her for your teacher.

    Best,

    Vickie Shufton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. Tshering,

    I met your teacher in Indiana. We were at a summer conference in Indiana about religion. I am a teacher in Florida. Can you find both of these states on a US map?

    I also went away to a boarding school in high school. It was in the state of Kentucky. I never ever was warm enough there and stayed homesick most of the time. I missed my parents and six brothers and sisters very much.

    We were only allowed to call home once a month. We had no cell phones or computers. We were not allowed to have radios or TVs. We had to go to chapel every day for one hour. We also had to go to church on Sunday morning and night. Wednesday night was also mandatory.

    Every single letter or package we sent or received was censored. It was a difficult environment to get used to. You are so lucky to be able to freely use Facebook to connect with people from around the world.

    Despite having a hard time adjusting from being away from home, I made many good friends. Even after 30 years, we are still best friends.

    I also had the chance to be in all the sports that girls at the time were allowed to play in. Besides doing well in school, sports were very important to me.

    Do you have sports teams at your school that compete with other schools? Are you involved in any of them?





    ReplyDelete
  3. hi friend. we are in same school but we are strangers but i hope soon we will get to know each other...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me very well ... I spent my 2014 in your school which was horrible until i met you... I haven't talked with half of my classmates and i still don't know my roommates name...i experienced lot of DOWNs and very few UPs in that school... And i am going to my previous school this coming year... Anyway happy vacation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very funny to reply now; i mean after such a long time (3 years. But until today i never went through my blog and i was wondering who could be this ANONYMOUS mate from my high school :l

      Delete
  5. Autocorrect i ain't going to my previous school... I was kidding... Yeah you look small and different in the picture... :Dt2

    ReplyDelete